Trilogy Fine Arts Competition
2018-2019 Trilogy Fine Arts Competition
Entrants must be currently enrolled in a Washington County, Maryland high school or be a home-schooled student who resides in Washington County, Maryland. Students may enter a maximum of two (2) submissions. Entries must be completed by individual students. No group entries will be accepted. All work my be submitted using the official entry form; contact your schools art department for entry form. Work must be completed after January 2018.
The art piece will be judged on:
- Design and artistic composition
- Execution of artwork related to chosen medium
- Must be titled
- Sponsors have the right to disqualify and entry based on questionable content. For example, nudity is not allowed.
- A descriptive narrative must accompany the artwork, no more than 50 words, explaining the meaning or message of the piece.
- 2-dimensional art: must be no larger than 24″x24″ and no smaller than 8″x8″.
- “Up” side must be indicated on the back of the piece with arrows.
- Must be matted or mounted using black or white mat board. Whether matting or mounting please leave at least a 2″ boarder around all sides of the artwork.
- 3-dimensional art: will be displayed on pedestals. Contact Matt Wilson for size restrictions.
7 Categories (new this year) of entry:
- 2D – Drawing, painting, Mixed Media, Photography, Digital Media (additional media such as printmaking, collage, etc. will be best fit into 2D categories)
- 3D – Ceramics, Sculpture (clay, glass, wood, found object assemblages, papier-mache, cardboard, metal, etc.)