- What do I need to do to be safe during pregnancy?
- Follow CDC guidelines. The Coronavirus can only enter your body via your eyes, nose, and mouth. Infections usually result from either breathing in air containing the virus by nearby individuals who are infected and are spreading the virus in the air (this is the reason social distancing is important), or touching an infected surface and then touching your face. Social distancing and diligent attention to hand washing and avoiding touching your face will prevent the vast majority of infections from the Coronavirus. Please visit www.cdc.gov/covid19 for more information.
- Do I need to do anything differently for my appointments?
- We ask that you wear a mask, bandana, or scarf when you come for your visits. Help maintain social distancing when in the office. Please call us before your appointment if you have COVID-19 symptoms, such as a persistent cough, fever over 100°, or exposure to someone who is ill.
- Can I bring someone with me to my appointment?
- We currently have a no visitor policy, unless the patient is a minor. We also ask that you do not bring children unless no other childcare accommodations can be made. This is to protect our patients and staff by limiting exposure.
- What are you doing to keep patients safe during office visits?
- All patients and staff are being screened at the door by being asked of any recent travel or COVID-19 symptoms, as well as having their temperatures checked. All surfaces are disinfected between patients, including stethoscopes and dopplers. Staff is wearing masks at all times. Common areas are disinfected regularly. We are also limiting the number of patients in the waiting room by escorting patients back to exam rooms to wait instead.
- Can I have visitors at Meritus when I deliver?
- Meritus will allow one support person during labor and delivery. This person is not interchangeable. All support persons will be screened upon entry for any COVID-19 symptoms or possible exposure. An individual screening positive will not be allowed to accompany the patient. Your support person can come and go through the main entrance of the hospital, but we ask that you minimize those outside trips.
- Are there any protocols related to COVID-19 testing, if I’m admitted to L&D?
- All patients who are admitted to L&D will be tested for COVID-19, whether or not they have symptoms. Test results will be available within 24 hours. If your results are returned as being positive, you will be moved to a special isolation room.
- Are there any changes to pain relief options on L&D?
- Epidurals and IV pain relief has not changed. The hospital does not offer nitrous gas at this time because it is aerosolized. The tub is still available. The room is thoroughly cleaned between patients. We ask that patients not walk in the hallway. Every patient has a private shower for pain relief, and staff will help patients with suggestions of positioning for comfort.
- Will I still be able to have my scheduled c-section or will this be canceled because it is considered elective?
- C-sections that are planned due to a prior c-section or other risk factors are considered necessary surgeries and will not be canceled.